Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties Editing Document request

I received a form from a client and attempting to modify their document request to include so that I can upload the form for them.  When I save I receive an error message and it will not save the question so that I can upload the document.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15
  1. When you're in the client's return, open the Tax organizer drawer from the right panel;
  2. Click the Edit button in the bottom-right;
  3. On the line for Document Checklist, click on Edit;
  4. Scroll the the bottom and click on the +Add item button and create the new item you need;
  5. Click on the Save button in the bottom-right;
  6. Click on the Save button again in the bottom-right;
  7. Click on TYXX Document Checklist to view the list of items;
  8. Check the box for Act as taxpayer in the bottom of the panel;
  9. Scroll to the item you just added and click on the Upload a XXXX button to upload the document; and
  10. Uncheck the box for Act as taxpayer.

The document will now be in Intuit Link as if the taxpayer uploaded it himself/herself.  Like I said many times, I would be very judicious in the use of this function in the absence of an audit trail because it could be challenged when issues arise who actually provided certain pieces of info, data, or document, however remote you think the chance of that happening may be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers