Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cataract surgery

rcooley25
Level 11

This is not about income taxes. If any one of you have been told you need cataract suregery dont lent it scare you. I just had it done on both eyes and there is nothing to it.

14 Comments 14
sjrcpa
Level 15

I had it done a few years ago. And I think your favorite jokester recently had his done.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

It’s not bad, but when they use that plunger to suck your eyeball out its socket and glue that new lens in with super glue it does give you a bit of an uneasy feeling.😜

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Just don't watch the YouTube videos on how it's done, until afterwards.

For the first time ever I could drive without wearing glasses.  (Except, of course, sunglasses in the daytime Arizona sun.)  I can clearly see the signs on the Safeway two blocks away.  But I now need reading glasses for reading and computer work.  Should I have paid extra for the better lenses, that come with no guarantee that they will let you avoid glasses?  I'll never know.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have a slight astigmatism so I am wearing glasses full time.  After wearing glasses for almost 50 years, I feel safer anyway.  Shortly after my second surgery I was out mowing the lawn and a tiny little something came flying up into my eye.  For a few seconds I thought, oh crap, I just screwed up my new set of eyes.  So like I said, I feel safer with glasses.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
You look better with glasses on, especially when when I take mine off.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, thank you.  I know I can always count on you for your heartfelt support.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I need reading glasses now, too.

But like Jeff, I had worn glasses/contact lenses full-time since I was 12 so this is a step up.

Ex-AllStar
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@rcooley25 's next message:

This is not about income taxes. If any one of you have been told you need to drink Ensure Plus dont lent it scare you. I just had my first bottle and there is nothing to it.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
rcooley25
Level 11

That was my opinion also

rcooley25
Level 11

The plunger was not so bad. The doctor cleaned it real good before he used it on me and right after he unplugged his toilet bowl.

rcooley25
Level 11

Yes I have had tohe same experience.

rcooley25
Level 11

Love your response

rcooley25
Level 11

I am way ahead of you and as most of you know by now I live to consue fire ball

BobKamman
Level 15

@rcooley25 Used to enjoy White Russians but now he prefers Fireball and Ensure -- "Victorious Ukrainians"