Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casualty Losses in Business Return

Rox
Level 3

I have often recorded bulk sales of depreciable assets in ProConnect, and I wonder if I can record casualty losses in the same way. If someone breaks in and steals depreciable assets, they are going to steal as many as they can transport. One theft was a dozen items or more. Do I have to input this one asset at a time? I understand that there is a screen for dispositions, but there I would have to key in information that already exists in depreciation Quick Entry. More time spent and more potential for errors. 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

You should be able to do so. In the first item, scroll down to enter the Casualty or Theft (4684) information, then link the other assets to this one in the same way as other sales.

I have not tried this. If it works, post back here or just mark this post as a solution.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Rox
Level 3

I had the same idea, but it did not work. I might have had an input error somewhere, but I was too frustrated to start over. Will look again with fresh eyes.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here are some articles that may help

https://accountants.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-search?document_type=Articles&filter=ProConnect+Ta...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers