Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can some one help me with a work around for the Form 2210? Hate, hate, hate this new software. Can't print returns due to Form 2210 not being ready to file.

cheryl2
Level 1

If a penalty is not calculated, the return should print whether or not the form is there.  The software is booting me out and not letting me print simple tax returns.  This is ridiculous!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Use the suppress option - see image

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
cheryl2
Level 1
George4Tacks - I do not even have that screen in my ProSeries.  Where do I find that?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
That may be one of the reason you hate ProConnect Tax Online.
Maybe @IRonMaN or @Just Lisa Now! can help out a PS user that (like many others) can't seem to pick the correct product when they start

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If got a stack of returns waiting for the 2210 to be ready, looks like 2/14 is the date.  You cant bypass it in Proseries

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Somebody was around earlier this week changing the product on existing posts.  I can't remember who it was.  All these new @IntuitPeople look alike to me. 🙂
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
What happens if you put zero in the form for the prior year tax?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Doesn't matter which box I check on it I get an error, and it says its not final until 2/14 at the top.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
"What happens if you put zero in the form for the prior year tax?"
Or check that box at the top of the 2210 that says something like "have the IRS figure the penalty"?
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
I did a year with the AARP Tax-Aide on IRS computers. The default was to use zero for prior year tax.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
Oh well, sounds like it's just broken then.
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Maybe they can fix it and break the 1040 for everyone?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Use the suppress option - see image

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

For the printing/crashing issue though...you can try this.  The program is hogging resources and crashing when its overloaded by the printing.

You want to Uninstall any of the tax modules that you don't really need for the next week or so (1120, 1065, 1`040NR, 990, extra states, etc)  whatever you don't really need right now.  Just until they can come up with a more permanent fix.

For Win 10 
Right click the Start button > Settings > Apps   scroll down the list to Proseries 2018, click Uninstall It will act like its going to uninstall the whole program, dont panic, it wont!   Another window opens with a list of modules to uninstall, choose the 1040NR.  Now power off your computer and printer and fire it all back up.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think Win7 would be  Control panel > Add/Remove Programs then find ProSeries 2018  and uninstall.

0 Cheers