Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business codes changes, new selection is still posing an error NAICS confirms my selection. Thoughts on this?

kim12
Level 1
NAICS confirms 445120 for convenience stores, tax return software is still flagging it as not correct.
0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The tax return does not use NAICS codes, it uses "Principal Business Activity" codes that are listed in the Instructions.  Although they are based NAICS, the list is more limited and they are often more broad than NAICS.

Have you looked at the list of codes in the Instructions or your software?

Tink
Level 1

I am also struggling with the NAICS code

the IRS confirmed that the NAICS code for any online sales is  454110.

Proseries refused to e file the return saying it is invalid.  It is a partnership and due but I cannot get help.  The price goes up and the service and quality goes down.  So frustrated.  

Any idea how to Pro Series to Get it fixed?  Or a work around

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Did you read my prior answer?  My original answer is still accurate.

itonewbie
Level 15

@Tink wrote:

I am also struggling with the NAICS code

the IRS confirmed that the NAICS code for any online sales is  454110.

Proseries refused to e file the return saying it is invalid.  It is a partnership and due but I cannot get help.  The price goes up and the service and quality goes down.  So frustrated.  

Any idea how to Pro Series to Get it fixed?  Or a work around

In essence, what you need to do is to pick a more general category for tax reporting because the codes used by the IRS just do not get to the level of specificity you see in NAICS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
kim12
Level 1

Good morning,

I did receive your prior message as able to move forward thank you.  I think I missed responding to you so I am sure that is why you are following up.

0 Cheers
kim12
Level 1

It has become more generalized and not in line with the NAICS codes.  You will have to pick the closest code that you can find to match the type of business.  Hope this helps.

0 Cheers