Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk sale - installment sale

99mtamchamp
Level 2

I have a schedule C client who sold his business on an installment contract.  I'm getting a little confused on how to enter the info.  He sold all assets Section 1245, 1250 and Goodwill (section 197).  Total sales price was $800k with $300k down and the $500k paid off on installment.  I have found links on how to enter bulk sales and links on how to do intallment sales but I'm looking for the best way to enter this sale based on this information.  Because of the different asset types....its a little confusing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
99mtamchamp
Level 2

Posting one more time hoping for some help...thanks

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Posting one more time hoping for some help."

When one of the peer users that volunteers to be helpful, sees your topic and can be helpful, you will get a reply. Until then, updating or asking again won't really speed up the process. Remember, everyone else is also Busy doing their work for their own clients.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers