Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended tax return for 2021

Level 1

Hi everyone, I have a client who incorrectly filed out their 2021 tax returns by failing to input their 1099-B. The client received a tax refund of $1090 but should have only received $600 if filed correctly. I've completed to 1040x and the tax return correctly, but do I need to account for the $1090 refund they received? Basically they received $490 more than what they should have, which they'll have to pay back. Does that information need to be on the 1040x?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Level 15

Yes. There is a line that says overpayment per original return, or something like that.

Level 1

Oh yes, I found it. Thanks so much