Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Form 1099-A

My client bought a timeshare on credit and decided to abandon it, he received a Form 1099-A, and I don't know how to enter it, I have read the aid they have, but I don't understand

Thanks for the Help


0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Level 15

This may help https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc432

Walking away from a property is very much like SELLING the property back to the back for the  debt owed.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns