Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Rescue Plan Act

New2this
Level 1

I have an individual return, WI resident and MN nonresident that the taxpayer has received unemployment compensation of $15,314, I have checked the box to apply the American Rescue Plan Act in the return.  The federal return and Wisconsin return are calculating correctly, federal taxable income was reduced by the $10,200 and on the Wisconsin return I am getting the same tax liability before and after applying the American Rescue Plan Act as it should because Wisconsin is not complying with federal on this.  On the nonresident MN return my tax liability went from $192 before applying the ARPA to $213 after applying the ARPA.  Looking at the worksheets for calculating Line 31 of Schedule M1NC for Minnesota, Line 1 of the worksheet starts with Line 8 of the federal Social Security Benefits Worksheet which included the $10,200 of excluded unemployment on the federal return.  Then on Line 2 of the worksheet the program is adding $10,500, which is the $10,200 of excluded unemployment and $300 of contributions.  Before applying ARPA Line 31 of Schedule M1NC is $255 after applying ARPA Line 31 of Schedule M1NC is $8,408, should it be $255 after also?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here