Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
  • Sign In
  • Created with Sketch. It is being reported that major internet and cell service providers Verizon, ATt&T, T-Mobile, as well as some smaller local providers are experiencing a massive outage across the United States. This will impact our tax programs in regards to customer receiving MFA codes, as well as messages indicating the product is not connected to the Internet.
    cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

1099-NEC

EnsemblePi
    Level 1

how do I file 1099-NEC, and how do I get my old files from last years??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
    George4Tacks
    Level 15

What software product(s) are you using? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
    EnsemblePi
    Level 1

I do not know. sorry

0 Cheers
    qbteachmt
    Level 15

"I do not know. sorry"

We cannot help until you can answer this. You might be Lost on the internet.

You posted on a peer community forum titled Practice Advice; that means you would be a professional tax preparer with a business "practice" for client tax returns. The 1099-NEC you prepare would be for your business' and your clients' reporting needs.

Were you using TurboTax last Year? Are you asking about personal 1099-NEC issued to you by people that paid you in 2020? Which "old files" from "last years" are you asking about: your own income tax returns?

At least give us some perspective, if you would like some direction.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
    George4Tacks
    Level 15

Where is @IRonMaN when we need him. He knows how to diddle the dongle on every I don't know in the world.

IRonMaN
    Level 15

But I sold my dongle yesterday.

Slava Ukraini!
    George4Tacks
    Level 15

I am glad you recognize it as a sale. I don't believe dongles qualify for 1031 treatment. 

PickleHill
    Level 2

I asked something similar a few mins ago, and see this thread do I'll ask here too.

Client gets a sch-c for small construction comp. He needs to issue a 1099 ($850) to a worker. 

I used pro series basic, how do I issue a 1099, and should it be a -misc or -nec?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
    qbteachmt
    Level 15

@PickleHill 

There is no need to ask the same thing in multiple places. Your own topic is already getting answers, so go there:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/practice-advice/discussion/how-do-i-issue-a-1099-misc-thru-p...

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
    0 Cheers