Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate e-file authorizations, print/produce return copies for filing

machatz
Level 3

I have tried unsuccessfully for the last 90 minutes to print/produce copies of several tax returns to be e-filed by 9/15.  Lacerte crashes with every attempt - requesting an e-signature document, trying to print an e-file authorization form the "regular" way, sending tax returns to the printer, printing tax returns as PDF, and every other way imaginable.  These returns will now be late because the client is unable to review their tax returns and approve for e-filing.  I have logged off, rebooted, did a whole shut down, and nothing has helped.  I am sumitting this comment as further documentation that the taxpayer and preparer have made every good faith effort to file timely tax returns in the event that penalties are assessed.  

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm sure posting that here will be the deciding factor when you ask the IRS to waive the penalties.  😲

As a side note, if the client made every good faith effort to file timely, where has he been for the last 8-1/2 months?  It sucks when clients push preparers to the 12th hour and expect magic to happen.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns