Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Appointments to new computer

sdtaxlady
Level 2

I got a new computer recently.  I need to transfer the appointments from 2018 so I can bridge to 2019.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

The files are in your option18 folder:

APTG8.DBF & APTG8.MDX

I haven't had to do it in a while, you may need to copy the TODOSG.DBF & TODOSG.MDX also.

As an alternative, you may want to just copy the entire OPTIONS18 folder over, then roll it from 18 to 19 on the new computer.

I suggest renaming the OPTIONS## folders to OPTIONSold ( or a date) before you do the copying, in case something goes wrong.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

The files are in your option18 folder:

APTG8.DBF & APTG8.MDX

I haven't had to do it in a while, you may need to copy the TODOSG.DBF & TODOSG.MDX also.

As an alternative, you may want to just copy the entire OPTIONS18 folder over, then roll it from 18 to 19 on the new computer.

I suggest renaming the OPTIONS## folders to OPTIONSold ( or a date) before you do the copying, in case something goes wrong.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sdtaxlady
Level 2

I did find another post finally that suggested this so did that last night.  I just copied over the entire folder.  It appears to have worked.  Problem solved!  Thank you!