Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time For a Change

LGB1
Level 2

I have used Lacerte for many years and I have watched it go from a really good product to what everyone is stuck with now - and paying $15,000 for. Yesterday made the decision for me as to I'm done putting up with Lacerte for fear of going into something worse. From the comments here, it looks like we have had to beg Lacerte to put in Form 7203 and they finally did it. But two days ago I got a critical diagnostic that says "California Form 7203 is not included in this version of the program and will print as a blank sheet an an 'Unavailable' notation until it has been released and/or approved by the State and Lacerte." I said WHAAAAAAAT???? It is MARCH FREAKING 24TH!!!! Then yesterday I got an email from Spidell and it said:

California is not creating Form 7203 (03-25-22)

We have been contacted recently by many practitioners about a critical diagnostic in Lacerte and ProConnect stating that their returns cannot be filed because California Form 7203 is not available yet. The Lacerte forms availability page lists this form under California individual forms and states that it will be available March 31.

We have confirmed with the FTB that there is no California Form 7203 and they are not creating one at this time. Spidell has asked the FTB to reach out to their contacts at Intuit about this issue.

This is BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE. Not only is it UNACCEPTABLE but they still haven't fixed it!! This is a critical diagnostic. 

Lacerte used to have quality assurance people. So soooooooo OBVIOUS that they no longer QA their product. It is obvious that Lacerte is run by the marketing people and they know jack crap about this product. I'm DONE with Lacerte. 

7 Comments 7
rcooley25
Level 11

I cannot believe what I just read. How can a company operate like that.  Did you really pay $15000.00 for Lacerte? I and others have had our problems with Pro Basic this year but after reading what you folks are going thru Pro Basic is starting to look better all of the time.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

By thew way pro basic only cost me $1700.00 dollars and not $15000.00

0 Cheers

15K is not unreasonable. Costs depends on the features and benefits you want.  See the price list.  I paid 4500 for 200 returns, and unlimited CA.  But the REP fee for corporate returns is expensive.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

You good folks must have a different type of clientele than I do because  pro basic (when its working properly) diffently meets all of my needs and wants.

0 Cheers
LGB1
Level 2

Yes $15,000 for Lacerte... unlimited individual, unlimited CA returns, unlimited S corporations, pay per return for C corporations, partnerships, etc.

Yes it is a lot of money and for that amount of money you expect the product to work. I actually used to work at Intuit in early 2000s and at that time this kind of thing would not have happened. The Quality Assurance people would have caught it and sent it back to the programmers. It is obvious in many ways this is not the way it works around there anymore. 

0 Cheers
LGB1
Level 2

$15,000 is o.k. if the product is quality. $15,000 is not reasonable with the shoddy work that Lacerte is putting out right now. A form that doesn't exist in the California product that is giving a criticial diagnostic is total shoddy work. Pro FX and UltraTax have been the only other alternatives that I would look at in the past. But I'm going to change my thinking. 

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I can see why it is so expensive. I do so few corporations and partnerships that I have a much cheaoer program that meets my needs just find. If I have used all of my free states by the time I get to a california return I just down load the california program and pass the cost onto my client. But what you are going thru is simply unreal. How much longer does Intuit think they can stay in business with such rotten service as this.