Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return rejected - Marketplace coverage indicated for Medical but no 1095A

rsowens
Level 3

Client's return was rejected by the IRS, saying that they had marketplace insurance coverage.  They checked with the exchange, but there is not a 1095A (or associated state form).  How can this be fixed?  Perhaps a code in the software?  Or does the return have to be paper filed?

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Given the level of competence that clients seem to be showing these days, I'd insist to have him log into his account with you (here in CA it's coveredca.com) and see for yourself that there are no CY tax forms.

Other than that, I'd extend the return, get a signed 8821 and call the IRS Practitioner Priority line to see what they can tell you, if anything.  It won't be on a wage & income transcript unfortunately, even when they do get released in a month or two.

If you paper file, I'd put an 8275 disclosure in there saying the reject you got and where you looked, seeing no 1095-A.

Good luck!

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*