Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Entry of Another Firm

Hi Community

If another firm who is not using REP emails a client of theirs for me to prepare who uses REP can I prepare it as if I'm in their office without incurring REP fees? It is not my client; I am only preparing it. If he doesn't want to use Web Hosting would it work if I uploaded his Preparer File to my program? There has to be a way but every time either one of us calls we get a different answer and unfortunately all of these answers fail.

Thanks so much for any ideas.

Jeffery

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
qbteachmt
Level 15

You already have this topic running, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/accessing-another-lacerte...

No need to keep starting a new topic for the same issue every time. You should go update where you are already getting help from peer users that volunteer to help. That way, they can see what you already asked, what help you already were provided, and the discussion can continue.

And you keep using the word Remote, but now that doesn't seem to be what you are asking? Just go update that same topic; keep it running to get more input. Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Rigo
Level 2

If the other firm bought unlimited modules, you should be able to prepare that firm’s clients without incurring REP fees.  There are at least two approaches:

1 You can ask for backup of the client files from the other firm and restore the files to your desktop/laptop.  You should be able to process the client’s tax returns without incurring REP fees.

2 It is possible to install multiples firm files in Lacerte.  For the instructions, here is the link:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/installing-multiple-firms-or-preparer-fil...

Either method should not cost you REF fees.