Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 change but not prompted by LC

I think that LC never prompted me to export the K-1 after I made a change.  Have you seen that?  If so, what is the solution?

(I remember the days before export, when manual input of K-1s was the only option. Maybe that is the best solution.)

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
CNLuntaxr
Level 2

It sometimes doesn't export automatically.  Go to Tools, K-1 Data Export to force it.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would just like to quote a very wise member of this community.

""*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******"

Answers are easy. Questions are hard!
abctax55
Level 15

LOL, George.  And I admit stealing it (with his permission...) from an online friend from the old Tax Almanac forum.

Lacerte 'always' prompts me to re-export even if all I do is add invoicing info.  I've never had it not prompt me - that I know of.   A bit irritating but guess it prevents bad things. 

And if I do make at change at the entity level, I automatically re-export as a CYA and then double check my reconciling tic marks on the individual return for any green to red changes.   Especially STATE transfers as there are several areas I've found that don't flow.   AMT adjustment is one (I think..)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I would just like to quote a very wise member of this community."

As I read that, I knew that I didn't have to keep reading to find out whether or not you were going to use a quote of mine 😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff - we use your jokes 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
CNLuntaxr
Level 2

It sometimes doesn't export automatically.  Go to Tools, K-1 Data Export to force it.