Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTET not correct on client letter SCorp

willatbird
Level 5

CA PTET is calculating correctly and the form 3804 and 3893 are both correct, but client letter is showing a higher amount due than any of these forms. Is there some input that would cause this? Amount should be $26,059. Amount on the letter is $28,756. There's an overpayment on the SCorp taxes.

3 Comments 3

Did you solve it?

0 Cheers

I reviewed 2 of my returns. The letter properly separates the PTET and the tax due.

OTOH, I saw this posted over on caltax

I use ProConnect Tax Online, but I’ve also heard Lacerte and other software users asking the same thing. My software lumps together the 2021 CA business tax owed (ex. S corp) and 2021 CA business PTE tax payment as a lump sum (ignore estimates). It files the 3804 with the return, so I would like to assume it’s handled properly. Can anyone confirm their software is applying these payments correctly when filing with the 2021 business tax return?

0 Cheers
willatbird
Level 5

Not solved. The SCorp has an overpayment of the Corp tax, so it's not adding the two together. The two are separated on the letter. The PTET amount is just wrong. I will try to get a hold of tech support today.

0 Cheers