Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership 401(k) Entry

amec
Level 4

Partnership has 2 partners that contributed to the company 401(k) and the company matched some of that. My understanding is that this is to be entered both as a guaranteed payment and on line 13d, code R. But that is putting the return out of balance by that amount. How do you make this work in Lacerte?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

The deferral is a part of the Guaranteed Payment. Might your GPs already be recorded at Gross?

I've never put the "employer" match as Guaranteed Payment. For book purposes it is part of the overall pension expense.

The match goes on the K-1 as 13R. If the deferral messes up the balances, I disclose it in a statement.

I know this gives me fits some times.

Ex-AllStar
amec
Level 4

The entries were pretty much, debit GP (401k contribution), credit cash. So, let's say $10,000, including match. There are no other GP's.

If I input $10,000 as GP to line 4a on schedule K and I input $10,000 as retirement contribution as Line 13d, code R, I'm out of balance by $10,000. And I can't figure out how to input this to make it work.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

GP = the deferral. Disclose as a statement on the K-1 (Supplemental Info).

The match goes in 13d R.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

"If I input $10,000 as GP to line 4a on schedule K and I input $10,000 as retirement contribution"

Was there $10k or $20k, total?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
amec
Level 4

$10,000

0 Cheers