Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to either force the $300 page 1 charitable deduction or force the state (KY) itemized deductions?

Level 1
We will be taking the federal standard deduction, but itemizing deductions on the state return (KY). When the $300 of charitable contributions is entered/checked, it forces the standard deduction on both the federal and state returns. I either need to be able to force the state's itemized deduction or override the federal $300 charitable contributions.    Please help, Lacerte.     Thanks.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Level 15

Kentucky is one of several states with this known issue.

No word yet on a fix from Lacerte.