Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I sold the business with (Inventory at cost $50000), I add this number in Cost of Good sold & Ending inventory is Zero, Now Where I input the sale of inventory

Ashish
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

The same place you would put sales of inventory in the ordinary course of business. Line 1.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

The same place you would put sales of inventory in the ordinary course of business. Line 1.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Don't forget to also file the 8594, if required

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
CMS_VA_CPA
Level 3

It certainly goes in Income.  I would list it as Other Income, however, noting Bulk Sale of Inventory in order to clarify the sale to the Business License people (especially if the Business License is based on sales) and the sales tax people (especially if the business normally sells at retail) since a Bulk Sale of inventory should not affect either business license fees or retail sales tax.

And I would think, as George highlights, that a Form 8594 would be required if you "sold the business".  

0 Cheers