Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you supress the california earned income credit? there is a box to supress the federal eic but not california

WHIPSNADE
Level 1

i was able to supress the federal eic but there is no option to supress the california eic i tried  overrriding the result but got an error message

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

As with everything else in Lacerte, find the box or line number for what you want. In this case CA 540, line 75. Right Click on that line and select "Jump to Input" and Voila! There she is! Screen 38.2 You can use the  [O|verride, or look at the other info in that section to make it do what you want. Overrides are generally NOT ADVISED. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

As with everything else in Lacerte, find the box or line number for what you want. In this case CA 540, line 75. Right Click on that line and select "Jump to Input" and Voila! There she is! Screen 38.2 You can use the  [O|verride, or look at the other info in that section to make it do what you want. Overrides are generally NOT ADVISED. 

jillianandpros
Level 1
E-filing does not accept the override.  Taxpayer is 68 year-old does not qualify for the EIC.  
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Why would you override the software unless you KNOW it is wrong?

There is no upper age limit for California EIC for 2018.
https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/faq/net/900.shtml
IRonMaN
Level 15

But why are you trying to suppress the credit?  They either qualify for the credit or they don't.

Slava Ukraini!
anniem
Level 2
Because it is for $9 and the taxpayer wants to exclude themselves rather than dig up extra documentation I am asking for.
George4Tacks
Level 15

As I said "NOT ADVISED"

When all else fails and you want to question the software that you really paid big money for, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They say nothing about a maximum age for CAEITC https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/faq/net/900.shtml

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You must be 18 or older at the end of the tax year.

Note: The 2018 tax year is the first time that the age eligibility threshold has been lowered to age 18.

0 Cheers
Kitty2327
Level 2

Where can I suppress EIC on Federal?

0 Cheers
RustyTugBoat78
Level 2

You could just remove form 3514

0 Cheers