Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8992

taxgirl
Level 1

Hi;

Just wondering if it is me with my inputs or Lacerte has small bug with the form 8992 Gilti tax.

2019 I can file the no issues. But the 2020 software is insisting on a schedule B attachment.  My understanding is Schedule B is required when you have tested income from a US consolidated group. All of my net tested income is coming from Schedule A, Line 1, column e.  There is no consolidated group. When I efile all clients form 8992 are rejected for:

Reject: Error F8992-005: Form 8992, 'USShrCalcGILTIGrp' must have a value or a binary attachment with Description \"Form8992ScheduleB\" must be present in the filing. This is the 1040 module.

I also tried attaching a PDF with a description "Form8992ScheduleB\" I pulled a schedule B form 8992 from IRS (only used  for c-corps but I attached to 1040 anyway).  Still same e-file error.  Lacerte support said to paper file.

I guess my question is:

Has anyone successfully e-filed a form 1040 with a form 8992?  If yes let me know thanks!!!

I don't mind to paper file but have more than 10 that are rejecting for this error.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here