Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8825 Depreciation From Form D-20 Schedule I Does not Flow-Through to Line 21

Hi All, I have a DC Corporation return that as ordinary business activity and rental activity. Both the ordinary business activity and the rental activity have depreciation deductions. For some reason, the depreciation deduction reported on the Form 8825 relating to the rental property (and also reported on Schedule I of the D-20 DC Corporation return), is not flowing through to Line 21 on the main DC corporate form. This line is only including the depreciation reported on the main form (minus the excess section 179). Accordingly, it is overstating their DC apportionable income. I could override this by changing the non-business non-apportionable DC income item on the form (which is subtracted from the apportionable amount), but I want to know if I am missing something. Thank You!
2 Comments 2

After manually doing the math, it seems like net income is calculating correctly for DC purposes, but it is not printing on the form. Seems like a glitch. Weird

PATAX
Level 15

IMO, I think Intuit places more emphasis on the federal module than on the state modules (dc equivalent).

0 Cheers