Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441-Getting an error to enter Quality Start Program Facility License Number in Louisiana

This is a critical Diagnostic,  The daycare worker is not classified as "Quality Start Program"

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Accountannie
Level 2

Hi, Debbie

Did you ever get a resolution regarding the Quality Start Program for Louisiana? I entered the information in Lacerte for the organization providing dependent care. The client verified the provider is not in the program, yet Lacerte is requiring the facility license number for the program anyway in order to e-file, and there isn't one to enter. Is there an option to indicate the daycare facility is not participating in the program?

0 Cheers

Are you referring to the School Readiness Child Care Directors and Staff credit on screen 53?  If so, you would need a facility license number that is participating in the program.

0 Cheers
Accountannie
Level 2

Thank you for responding.

I am referring to the "Persons or Organizations Providing Dependent Care" on Screen 33.2 for Form 2441, so in this case it is not a credit for the directors or staff, but the credit for the parents who send their kids to a participating facility in the Quality Start Program. I am trying to e-file a return that has Form 2441, and on screen 33.2 after the name and address section for the organization, there is a box to enter the facility license number for facilities participating in the program for {LA}. However, the facility I entered is NOT participating in the program, so I left the box blank, but Lacerte is not letting me e-file the return without a valid facility license number, even though this facility is not participating in the program and does not have a license number for the program.

Your message was the only one I could find in relation to the Quality Start Program that is part of Louisiana's School Readiness. However, I see now that your message was in reference to the program for the directors and staff credits. I am a preparer from Indiana, so this is new to me to file a Louisiana return, and I'm not sure how to get it e-filed now, since there is no valid license number for me to enter. 

0 Cheers

Have you loaded all updates?  My problem was resolved with an update.

0 Cheers
Accountannie
Level 2

Yes, we have been doing updates. It looks like you were having an issue back in February, so I would think that it should be resolved in our updates as well. 

So, after you received the update that fixed it, were you then able to e-file without entering a license number?

0 Cheers

Yes, my issue was resolved.  I would call Lacerte.  You should be able to e file without a license number.  Good luck

0 Cheers
Accountannie
Level 2

Thanks for your help. I was thinking that is what I will have to do is call Lacerte.

0 Cheers