Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1120 - How to get Schedule G to generate

JZGilleo
Level 3

I can't find the field that will change Schedule K, Question 4a to "Yes", which should then generate Schedule G.

I've gone through EVERY checkbox and field under  Screen 4.1 > Other Information (Schedule K) , and none of them have changed the answer to Question 4a.

Has anyone else run into this?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Screen 6 is where info needs to be entered.  I just played with adding info into fields & it switched Q 4a to yes.  Not sure *which* field is necessary, so have at it. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
JZGilleo
Level 3

I spent hours trying to find a checkbox or field that changes this answer to "yes", any insight is appreciated!

0 Cheers
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

ENTER you stock holding info in Screen 6 Ownership Info.  The percentage will trigger Y on Sch K

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Screen 6 is where info needs to be entered.  I just played with adding info into fields & it switched Q 4a to yes.  Not sure *which* field is necessary, so have at it. 

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
JZGilleo
Level 3

I was so hopeful, but alas mine has not changed!

I do have information entered in Screen 8 as well (the owner is a Foreign Corporation)

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Keep entering all the various fields; it worked for me in a dummy file.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
JZGilleo
Level 3

I apologize, I forgot to mention that this is a Consolidated return, which must be relevant because I just tested and also was able to get the answer to change in one of the individual companies.

I wonder if I must do this on each individual entity being consolidated for it to appear properly on the Consolidated return.

0 Cheers
JZGilleo
Level 3

Indeed, it had to be changed on the individual company, not on the consolidator return. 

Thank you so much!

0 Cheers