Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-organizer apple incompatible

Cheryl17404
Level 1

My firm is transitioning to e-organizers for the coming tax season and found an issue with the e-organizer being incompatible with mac os.  Majority of our clientele are apple product users and this dampens the client experience and our ability most efficiently gather information for tax preparation and maximize use of our product. Has anyone found a resolution to this issue aside from printing organizers to send out? The latter being a large waste of physical resources in paper and postage it seems there should be a way for all clients to be able to use e-organizers.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
BobKamman
Level 15

You must be within a day's drive of Cupertino.  Don't most Mac users have their computers set up to run Windows programs also?  Part of the fun of being a tech snob is complaining about how the minority must stoop to using a bridge to lesser systems that for some reason (like price) are still popular with the majority.  I looked up on Wikipedia the latest market penetration for Apple:

"For desktop and laptop computers, Microsoft's Windows is the most used at 69%, followed by Apple's macOS at 17%, and Google's ChromeOS at 3.2% (in the US up to 8.0%), and desktop Linux at 2.9%. In addition, 5% is attributed to "unknown" operating systems - which are likely forms of BSD or obscure varieties of Linux."

I don't use organizers and most of my clients wouldn't use a computer for it anyway. But if Apple compatibility doesn't add to the price of my software, I don't care of Intuit provides it.  I fear, however, that it would.  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

The e-Organizers have never been MAC compatible. I stopped complaining about it because it was obvious Intuit wasn't going to make them compatible.

Ex-AllStar