Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do others use depreciation software outside of Lacerte?

dzerbe
Level 2

Does anyone use depreciation software other than Lacerte for their non-tax accounting clients?

I have clients for whom I do not prepare a tax return yet do their accounting and prepare their depreciation schedules during the year.  I currently have a program to do so outside of Lacerte.  I am wondering if I should keep this other program as I am unsure if Lacerte would be able to maintain and calculate depreciation for assets added in 2023 for example.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

We use Fixed Assets CS.

Been using it since before Lacerte had the ability to do multiple (Book, Tax, AMT, States) schedules. It was called something else originally. It might have had several names. It is now a Thomson Reuters product.

Personally, if we don't prepare a tax return for the entity, I would not put the Fixed Assets in Lacerte.

EDIT: But Fixed Assets CS won't allow you to enter a 2023 acquisition or disposition if you're working in 2022; unlike Lacerte

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

We use Fixed Assets CS.

Been using it since before Lacerte had the ability to do multiple (Book, Tax, AMT, States) schedules. It was called something else originally. It might have had several names. It is now a Thomson Reuters product.

Personally, if we don't prepare a tax return for the entity, I would not put the Fixed Assets in Lacerte.

EDIT: But Fixed Assets CS won't allow you to enter a 2023 acquisition or disposition if you're working in 2022; unlike Lacerte

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

We use ProSeries instead of Lacerte but we also use Fixed Assets CS.

Slava Ukraini!
dzerbe
Level 2

Thank you, we also used Fixed Assets CS.   I appreciate your response.