Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do any Lacerte Users convert 1040 Tax Organizers into Fillable PDF's as an alternative to E-Organizers (which we do not care for)?

rusty
Level 1

It appears there are only 2 options - E-Organizers and Paper (PDF) Tax Organizers.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I'll jump in with my 2-cents since there's been no response thus far, which probably means that few, if any do.

In fact, some here don't use organizers, period.  Those who do may convert a blank organizer into one that's fillable but I doubt you'd find any who would convert proforma organizers into fillable forms because it would mean manually adding form fields for each item, individually for each client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
itonewbie
Level 15

I'll jump in with my 2-cents since there's been no response thus far, which probably means that few, if any do.

In fact, some here don't use organizers, period.  Those who do may convert a blank organizer into one that's fillable but I doubt you'd find any who would convert proforma organizers into fillable forms because it would mean manually adding form fields for each item, individually for each client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
mark12
Level 2

I agree.  I just want a pdf that clients can fill in.  Check the boxes in the questionnaire, etc.  I don't want to import anything into Lacerte (garbage in garbage out).  I just had a client ask me if I have a "fillable" engagement letter and questionnaire.  I keep getting the request for the questionnaire.

0 Cheers
SDodson
Level 1

I found this to convert them to fillable for 2020

https://www.pdfautomationstation.com/products/item22.cfm

jimbocpa
Level 2

I'm thinking of using this software.  It doesn't look that complicated to do the conversion, but wondering if you can share your thoughts on it (if you used it).  

0 Cheers
mark12
Level 2

I have not used the software. I watched the video and it looks great. Would be easier for clients. Only thing is that I use Smartvault so I have to look at the workflow. It probably means converting then copying them one at a time onto the Smartvault folders. Very time consuming. But I think clients would like it. Too bad Lacerte won’t do this. 

0 Cheers