Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dashes on phone numbers

JennyJ
Level 3

This may be a petty thing but why in the world do the dashes not stay when I put them in for telephone numbers in the client info screen.  262-222-2222 I add them -go out of the return-come back in they are there-go out and go into someone else-go back into client I changed and they are gone.  IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

8 Comments 8
PATAX
Level 15

yeah, I have noticed this on other websites/entities also. And, while we are at it: THE AREA CODE SHOULD BE IN PARENTHESES. It is time for a national telephone number law to rectify this situation.😉

IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit leaves them off so the programmers don't get confused and think that you are doing some math and subtracting the numbers.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

In Basic the  (parentheses) and dashes stay on the ingo worksheet. Maybe you mean some other form that I haven't noticed.

PATAX
Level 15

I'm talking about others entities, like when you purchase something online and enter your phone number.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Camp1040  - It's a change of pace post.  Instead of complaining about the PA local forms not being ready, it was about Lacerte.  It is nice to see something other than PA pop up 😁

Slava Ukraini!
JennyJ
Level 3

I am talking about in the data input screen 1 under taxpayer and spouse contact information

Camp1040
Level 10

I'm not familiar with that screen. I think there is a need for a phone number format police institution, to ensure consistent phone formatting worldwide.

Tyler9191
Level 1

It shows up with Parens and a dash for me. Unless i'm not understanding where you are looking.