Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Status Prompt

dzerbe
Level 2

Is there a feature or a setting where I can prompt for a Client Status when a preparer has finished with a return?   I would like to encourage the preparer to log a Client Status when they have completed a return.  My former software had such a prompt.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I don't believe that's available in Lacerte. I think it just has to be in staff training to hit F4 to update the status as it needs to be changed.

Not to needle, genuinely curious: how would the software "know" if the preparer is finished? i.e., will the preparer need to input more later or is it ready for review? Or are you saying that every time a preparer exited the return, preparer is prompted "is this ready for review?"?

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I don't believe that's available in Lacerte. I think it just has to be in staff training to hit F4 to update the status as it needs to be changed.

Not to needle, genuinely curious: how would the software "know" if the preparer is finished? i.e., will the preparer need to input more later or is it ready for review? Or are you saying that every time a preparer exited the return, preparer is prompted "is this ready for review?"?

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers