Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client has W-2 with no Gross wages subject to FIT & SIT

morena60
Level 1
Live in Provider and Waiver Personal Care Services-under IRS Notice 2014-7 wages received by WPCS providers who live with the recipient of those services are not considered part of gross income for FIT purposes.  I entered 0 wages, 0 FIT and 0 SIT,  SS wages and medicare wages were subject to taxes which is OK.  Lacerte included this in critical diagnostics that Wages for FIT is missing.  Can anyone tell me what to do? I would like to E-file the returns. There must be some tax preparers who have the same issues.  Please tell me what to do?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If the W-2 actually shows $0 (or blank) in Box 1, in most cases you can just not enter the W-2.

The only exception I can think of is if the taxpayer is over the Social Security wage limit, but I suspect that would almost never happen.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If the W-2 actually shows $0 (or blank) in Box 1, in most cases you can just not enter the W-2.

The only exception I can think of is if the taxpayer is over the Social Security wage limit, but I suspect that would almost never happen.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

If your client received a W-2 reporting wages that could be excluded under Notice 2014-7 and your client is not able to obtain a W-2 to eradicate the excludable income, you should report the wages in Box 1 and Box 16 as usual but enter the amount that should have been excluded on Line 21 as a negative number with a reference to "Notice 2014-7".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers