Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Lacerte 2016. The privious year's of Lacerte were licensed under a former company. Our current Company has it's own license, and the old one is gone now. But I can't access Lacerte 2016 with my current credentials.

AlvarezCPA
Level 1

I have all of the data files from the previous firm.  We just copied the lacerte folders.  But it appears to have copied the legacy licenses as well.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program, but it still wants the admin from the old firm to allow us access to this program.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlvarezCPA
Level 1

Since we had copied over the old Lacerte files, we never started with a clean slate.  We renamed the Lacerte tax 2016 fold from from 16tax to 16taxOLD and it then reinstalled the program.  So far it has worked.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Rename  the old prep.16 to prep.old (This way it is not GONE, in case you need it back.) 

Download your prep file and you should be good to go. 

If not you will need to contact support to get everything aligned. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
AlvarezCPA
Level 1

Since we had copied over the old Lacerte files, we never started with a clean slate.  We renamed the Lacerte tax 2016 fold from from 16tax to 16taxOLD and it then reinstalled the program.  So far it has worked.