Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-corp rec'd K-1, dividends and foreign tax paid

Charper1841
Level 2

I need some help on entry of a K-1 a C-corp received.  I have a couple boxes that I can't figure out where to enter.  The first is dividends (boxes 6a and 6b) and the other is foreign taxes paid (box 21).  If I try to enter these outside of the K-1 screen, my retained earnings and net income are incorrect. 

Thanks for the help!

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I don't regularly do C-Corps, but I tried to nose around and find some info on this for you.  Can you provide more info on what screens you've tried to input this on so I or others can better weigh in?  I assume you've tried the various inputs on Screens 18 & 30?

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
Charper1841
Level 2

Thanks for the reply!  I've entered the K-1 in screen 16...but you can see that there are no places to enter Box 6a and 6b or Box 21.  I then thought maybe you enter the dividends in screen 13 and the foreign taxes in screen 30...but I don't have sufficient information to fill out where the foreign tax income came from on the K-1.  Neither of those screens will affect retained earnings and the foreign tax credit doesn't affect the net income...which is leaving both of them out of balance.

0 Cheers