Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40.0507. What are the details of this new update. Friday May 8, 2020

Version 40.0507. I would like details of the updates.   Tax professionals need to know what changes are being made so they know if tax returns previously prepared and filed have changed.  Lacerte - do you have details of 40.0507.

ProSystem provides very good updates. I would like you to do the same.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Intuit avoids giving information about what is in the updates, and it is extremely unlikely they will start becoming forthcoming with that information.  I suspect that is because they don't want everybody to know the huge amount of errors that are in the software, and how incredibly long it take them to fix the errors.

Some errors are acceptable.  I think it is important to know what they have done. So if you are listening Dear LC, please be more transparent.  

CCH Profx is not as timely with updates but better with communication.

itonewbie
Level 15

I recall that Intuit used to have a dedicated webpage that outlines changes made with each update.

The same is supposed to be available in this "new and improved" community but it appears that only one post has been created so far but solely for Lacerte with the last update and not PTO (which will mirror Lacerte anyway) or PS: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-news-and-updates/discussion/02/202

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar