Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1040X E-file Reject

machatz
Level 3

Received the following e-file reject:

Resolution: The IRS has rejected this filing because a dependent's Social Security Number and Name does not match information the IRS has on file, which is received from the Social Security Administration. If multiple dependents are present in this filing, to identify which dependent is the cause of this reject, review the `Description' field .

To resolve this reject:

1. Verify the dependent's Social Security Number (SSN) matches his or her Social Security Card.
2. Verify the SSN is not the same as the taxpayer's, spouse's, or another dependent's SSN.
3. Verify the SSN is unique to this tax filing and is not used on any other tax filing.
4. If the dependent's information was recently updated (for example a name change) with the Social Security Administration, the IRS may not yet have received the updated information.
5. If the SSN is correct, the name is correct, unique to this tax filing, and has not be recently updated with the SSA, it will be necessary to print and file the filing by mail.

SSN's for all dependents are correct based on the info the taxpayer provided.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this reject when filing an e-filing amended return within the original filing deadline.  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Drphibes
Level 7

I just had one for EIC where the young lady was e-filed last year independently and I have had her on her parents returns for the 15yrs I've doing the returns before that, never a problem with birth date and SS#.  The reject states the IRS database says she is not old enough for EIC but was born 11/25/01.   Trying to get parents to get hold of her birth certificate.  Hope everyone else's final filing day goes well!

0 Cheers