Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.



The following diagnostic is generating:

Military Spouses Residency Relief Act If the nonresident spouse had Hawaii income tax withheld on his or her salary, wages, or other compensation that is exempt under the military spouse residency relief act, attach a copy of the following documents to the return: 1. Any Form W-2 showing the amount of Hawaii income tax withheld; 2. The servicemember’s military or naval orders assigning the servicemember to a post of duty in Hawaii; 3. A valid, unexpired military spouse identification card that identifies the cardholder as a spouse and not merely a dependent; and 4. The servicemember’s Leave and Earnings Statement indicating that the servicemember’s legal residence for purposes of withholding state income taxes from military pay is a state other than Hawaii.


e-filed returns will be rejected with HIN15-001, these must be paper filed.


Labels (2)