Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.



The following diagnostic is generating: I can't e-file a tax return without an EIN, though the employer is foreign. Is there any way to override this and file with this? The taxpayer does not want to use the foreign earned income exclusion.
Labels (1)

Is this for wages?  There's a box to check for foreign employer.

Yes for wages. Where is this box. I checked the foreign address box. Is that what you meant?

I updated the W-2 to indicate a foreign employer who reported wages not on IRS Form W-2, that were earned in the U.S. but that didn't resolve the diagnostic.

Try typing ForeignUS in the EIN box.

I already did. No luck.