Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Actual is not correctly stated

hncpa
Level 2

In ITA beta, I just chose 2021 individual tax return (MFJ, California) I wanted to use as 2021 Actial.

When reviewing 2021 Actual, the following numbers are NOT the same as the final tax return, which means that the actual tax return info is not rolled into ITA accurately.

- Taxable Income

- Business exp (Sch C expense is partially listed, but not all)

- Adjustments to income (Taxpayer SE health insurance deduction is listed, but Spouse SE heatlh insurance deduction is not listed)

Issue&My request:

1) When 2021 Actual is not rolled into correctly, I have no way to change it in the column. Thus, it is the best if the rollover info is always correct. If not always correct, then I wish to have an option to overwrite.

2) 

2 Comments 2
Sue2
Level 2

I am trying ITA also and I had the same issue.  Dividends, state tax refund, taxable 529 plan withdrawal, state and local tax payments, QBI deduction, and non-cash charitable contributions were omitted from the 2021 sync.  Some (but not all) of the Sch C expenses show up, but they are not subtracted from revenues anyway.  S/E tax deduction is close but incorrect.  I cannot determine how the subtotals for total income, AGI, and taxable income were calculated but none of them match the return and they are each off by different amounts.  The state tax $10,000 limit and the donations totals are correct, but some of the underlying pieces are missing.  It would be helpful to be able to correct 2021 data in the 2021 actual column, similar to Tax Planner.

IntuitJonathanR
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken your feedback and submitted the information to our design team. 

0 Cheers