The Real Halloween's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Real Halloween's Posts

Would the IRS still send a check refund if the overpayment was not listed on line 35a of form 1040? Would the overpayment be listed on the where’s my refund so that TP can track the status of the ref... See more...
Would the IRS still send a check refund if the overpayment was not listed on line 35a of form 1040? Would the overpayment be listed on the where’s my refund so that TP can track the status of the refund? I never had this type of overpayment so would appreciate to get some comments. Thanks again for your time.
Amount you owe line 37 form 1040 indicated $6,100 but taxpayer inadvertently paid the IRS via IRS Direct Pay in the amount of $6,700. Would the IRS automatically send a refund check in the amount of... See more...
Amount you owe line 37 form 1040 indicated $6,100 but taxpayer inadvertently paid the IRS via IRS Direct Pay in the amount of $6,700. Would the IRS automatically send a refund check in the amount of $600 or should TP contact the IRS for the refund? Your comment and advise are appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Thanks for your advice. TP wants to avoid any further correspondence with the IRS. TP paid the IRS via direct pay $13,500 as a balance due but Line 37 Form 1040 only has amount owed $13,100. Would t... See more...
Thanks for your advice. TP wants to avoid any further correspondence with the IRS. TP paid the IRS via direct pay $13,500 as a balance due but Line 37 Form 1040 only has amount owed $13,100. Would the IRS send TP a refund of $400 as the overpayment even it is not reflected on Line 35 of Form 1040? Or Should the $13,500 be entered on Line 26 Form 1040 ( even though direct pay type of payment is balance due ) so that Line 35 has an overpayment? Thanks again for your valuable time and comment.
TP will be filing the return on or before June 15, 2022 (automatic 2 months extension) but he already paid the balance due (the total tax) on Line 37. Can TP enter the amount paid on April 12, 2022 o... See more...
TP will be filing the return on or before June 15, 2022 (automatic 2 months extension) but he already paid the balance due (the total tax) on Line 37. Can TP enter the amount paid on April 12, 2022 on Line 26 of Form 1040. Or such payment should not be reflected on Form 1040 as it is the payment of 2021 balance due Line 37.
We prepared and e-filed 2018 f1040 via PTO. Now the IRS sent Notice CP80 claiming that TP had substantial credit for 2018 tax year but had not received 2018 return. We have e-file confirmation ID nu... See more...
We prepared and e-filed 2018 f1040 via PTO. Now the IRS sent Notice CP80 claiming that TP had substantial credit for 2018 tax year but had not received 2018 return. We have e-file confirmation ID number from PTO indicating the e-file was accepted. Would the IRS accept this e-file confirmation ID number generated by PTO? Can TP send this number to the IRS as an evidence that 2018 was e-filed and was successfully accepted? Thanks for your comment and advice.
According to PTO to get rid of the critical diagnostics, you will need to go to partial print and then attach it as a pdf just like the suggestion by @johngjertsen
@George4Tacks Thanks alot!
Got this diagnostics message from PTO: Form 1116 Schedule B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconcilliation Schedule must be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes. US - Ref #56669 Does PTO generat... See more...
Got this diagnostics message from PTO: Form 1116 Schedule B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconcilliation Schedule must be attached as a PDF for electronic filing purposes. US - Ref #56669 Does PTO generate Form 1116 Schedule B, Foreign Tax Carryover Reconcilliation Schedule? Thank you for your time.
Prepare the 1040NR on PTO and also 1040 as the D/S statement. Plug in the numbers from 1040 to page 1 of 1040NR outbound return. However, 1040NR Line 16 Tax computation is incorrect as 1040 statement... See more...
Prepare the 1040NR on PTO and also 1040 as the D/S statement. Plug in the numbers from 1040 to page 1 of 1040NR outbound return. However, 1040NR Line 16 Tax computation is incorrect as 1040 statement has foreign earned income exclusion and NIIT. It seems that Line 16 1040NR tax computation excludes the stacking rules and NIIT? How to fix this? Please advise. Thank you for your time and comment.
@PhoebeRoberts Thanks again for your valuable advice.
@George4Tacks Thank so much for your comment and the Lacerte article. Do you agree that there is no “a Reporting a loss” as per the Lacerte article if the 2020 K-1 only has Line 13 Code W-other dedu... See more...
@George4Tacks Thank so much for your comment and the Lacerte article. Do you agree that there is no “a Reporting a loss” as per the Lacerte article if the 2020 K-1 only has Line 13 Code W-other deductions $40 and Line 20 Code B-Investment expenses $40? I am asking this because K-1: Part 1 section L-Partner's Capital Account Analysis has Current year net income (loss) in the amount of ($40). Again thanks for your time!
How to tell PTO to check the box in column (e) on line 28? Thanks for your time and comment.
You might want to visit:  https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/covid-19-relief-for-form-2555-filers 3rd para: You may still be able to meet requirements of the bona fide residence or physical presence tes... See more...
You might want to visit:  https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/covid-19-relief-for-form-2555-filers 3rd para: You may still be able to meet requirements of the bona fide residence or physical presence test for 2019 or 2020 for purposes of determining the foreign earned income exclusion and housing cost exclusion or deduction. For more information and examples see Revenue Procedure 2020-27.
@sjrcpa @abctax55 @IRonMaN @George4Tacks @joshuabarksatlcs Interesting to see the energy generated here. Stay safe and healthy everyone !!
@George4Tacks  Apologies! My intention is to click solution for @sjrcpa's awesome answer.  It was definitely not my solution.  it was all hers.  Sorry to have clicked the wrong button and to have pr... See more...
@George4Tacks  Apologies! My intention is to click solution for @sjrcpa's awesome answer.  It was definitely not my solution.  it was all hers.  Sorry to have clicked the wrong button and to have provoked you to such a response.  I have no intention to snub her at all!
TP wants to receive an early distribution of $16,000 and he is subject to 10% penalty ($1,600) and his marginal tax rate is 24% ($3,840). What is the gross-up amount TP needs to liquidate in order f... See more...
TP wants to receive an early distribution of $16,000 and he is subject to 10% penalty ($1,600) and his marginal tax rate is 24% ($3,840). What is the gross-up amount TP needs to liquidate in order for him to get $16,000, to withhold 10% penalty ($1,600) and 24% tax ($3,840)? Thanks for your time and advice.
@bthshba If you are still out of the country (and tax home), you can extend the filing date beyond June 15, 2021 to October 15, 2021.  It seems that the program is detecting that you are not out of t... See more...
@bthshba If you are still out of the country (and tax home), you can extend the filing date beyond June 15, 2021 to October 15, 2021.  It seems that the program is detecting that you are not out of the country as you are using the local address.  
@1234C May I suggest that you contact PTO but make sure you speak with more than one assistants. Please see my earlier responses. I was given a wrong advice from one of the assistants. Please update ... See more...
@1234C May I suggest that you contact PTO but make sure you speak with more than one assistants. Please see my earlier responses. I was given a wrong advice from one of the assistants. Please update us with the outcome. Thanks for your time.
@taxsoftware ACTC is claimed using Form 8812.  Part 1 of f8812 says: : If you file Form 2555, stop here; you cannot claim the additional child tax credit.