Kathleen1's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kathleen1's Posts

Ours started working after the last update.
Having the same problem since this morning.  Very frustrating.  I hope this is a priority and will be fixed with an immediate update when solved.
The 1040-SR went from a 2 page form is 2019 to a 4 page form in 2020.  But page 4 is just a standard deduction chart.  The IRS instructions say not to include page 4 when filing the return.  But curr... See more...
The 1040-SR went from a 2 page form is 2019 to a 4 page form in 2020.  But page 4 is just a standard deduction chart.  The IRS instructions say not to include page 4 when filing the return.  But currently, Lacerte is including that page as part of the return.  Hopefully Lacerte will be updating the program not to print that page.  Has anyone found a way to suppress it?
Actually, I've put a request in for the Lacerte program to optimize the Itemized deduction versus Standard plus charitable.  Otherwise we are forcing the standard deduction.  And if the client adds a... See more...
Actually, I've put a request in for the Lacerte program to optimize the Itemized deduction versus Standard plus charitable.  Otherwise we are forcing the standard deduction.  And if the client adds additional itemized deductions which puts them over on itemized, and we've already forced the standard deduction, that  could easily be missed.
I have some returns where the taxpayers is taking the standard deduction and the additional above the line charitable deduction.  So there is no bottom line impact on the return.  But the Schedule A ... See more...
I have some returns where the taxpayers is taking the standard deduction and the additional above the line charitable deduction.  So there is no bottom line impact on the return.  But the Schedule A line 2, which says to use the a mount from Form 1040 or 1040-SR, line 11 ( after the above the line charitable deduction) is actually using line 9 (before the above the line charitable deduction).  The form seems pretty clear.  Either the IRS form is wrong, or Lacerte's calculation is wrong.
Hmm.  I expect the legal hoops to be able to get a 2005 return for a deceased taxpayer might be insurmountable by my 9/30 trust deadline.  So I'll have to go with alternative A.  Thanks.
There is no way to "make it work".  The installment sale was inherited so the current client is not the one who sold the property.  There was ordinary income recapture, depreciation and would have be... See more...
There is no way to "make it work".  The installment sale was inherited so the current client is not the one who sold the property.  There was ordinary income recapture, depreciation and would have been selling expenses.  We have bits of information, but not enough to back into what would have been on the original 6252.
It's really frustrating that there was a Lacerte update this morning and still no correction to the current year data not printing on the input sheets.  Per call to Lacerte that is still not schedule... See more...
It's really frustrating that there was a Lacerte update this morning and still no correction to the current year data not printing on the input sheets.  Per call to Lacerte that is still not scheduled to be released until tomorrow.
Two of the CPA's in our office who have Verizon have been having problems receiving their MFA codes since last week.  Then it was working yesterday, and today not working again.
They apparently are waiting for the Thursday update to fix it which is really annoying.  Here we are in the last few weeks before the filing deadline.  I'm not sure why they can't do a quick follow u... See more...
They apparently are waiting for the Thursday update to fix it which is really annoying.  Here we are in the last few weeks before the filing deadline.  I'm not sure why they can't do a quick follow up update like they usually do when they mess something up that was working fine before the update.
Count yourself lucky.  You apparently haven't loaded the most current update.  We are on Operator 40.0616 and Federal 40.0618.  The problem appears to have started after the update on the 17th or 18t... See more...
Count yourself lucky.  You apparently haven't loaded the most current update.  We are on Operator 40.0616 and Federal 40.0618.  The problem appears to have started after the update on the 17th or 18th. Proforma'd descriptions and amounts print on the input sheets, but any current number input does not print, although it does appear to print on code supporting detail statements if there are any at the back of the input sheets.
Any update on this?  Any idea when Lacerte is going to fix it?
Lacerte has now provided info in the F1 Help to explain what checking this box does. Miscellaneous Information/Direct Deposit Screen 3; Code 1795 Select the box (or enter 1) to apply the Cor... See more...
Lacerte has now provided info in the F1 Help to explain what checking this box does. Miscellaneous Information/Direct Deposit Screen 3; Code 1795 Select the box (or enter 1) to apply the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provisions to the individual return. This checkbox will: Suppress Form 461 – Limitation on Business Losses Update Form 8990 - Limitation on Business Interest Expense Under Section 163(j) from 30% to 50% limit Generate critical diagnostic to remove “Carryover absorbed in 2019 [O]” from Net Operating Loss input screen to suspend the 80% of taxable income limitation on the use of NOLs.
A detailed explanation would be great.  And, fyi, the critical diagnostic is also showing up in locked returns. 
I called Lacerte it was clear they have very little info on this.  He did say that they are waiting on the IRS to to revise the 8990 form.  So that part hasn't even been revised. It seems like they t... See more...
I called Lacerte it was clear they have very little info on this.  He did say that they are waiting on the IRS to to revise the 8990 form.  So that part hasn't even been revised. It seems like they threw this out there a little too early.  I think if you have no NOL or excess business interest issues, you might be safe to just check the box and move on.  But hold those returns that do have those issues.  But that's just my guess based on what little information I got from my phone call to Lacerte.
The critical diagnostic indicates you have to check a box to apply the provisions of the Cares act as it related to NOL carrybacks and business interest limitations.  But there is no information rega... See more...
The critical diagnostic indicates you have to check a box to apply the provisions of the Cares act as it related to NOL carrybacks and business interest limitations.  But there is no information regarding what impact it has on the return if you check it.  But it appears you have to check it to efile returns.
There is a new critical diagnostic re: the Cares act.  Should this be checked on all returns?
Thanks.
What input is required for Lacerte to calculate the QBID? The only input I see for the QBID are override amounts.