SBTS's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBTS's Posts

PERFECT. Thank you so much.  It worked!  
Thank you for the prompt response. On Screen 22, Depreciation, there are 2 places where I can change the State: # 1 - top right where it says "Assign entries to" # 2 - next to each amount field th... See more...
Thank you for the prompt response. On Screen 22, Depreciation, there are 2 places where I can change the State: # 1 - top right where it says "Assign entries to" # 2 - next to each amount field there is an option to select US or State. I have selected the out-of-state for the property sold as in # 2 but the "Assign entries to" I left that to the home State. Am I doing this correctly?  
Hello: I have a CA resident who owns a GA rental which he sold in 2019.  How do I allocate the capital gains to GA instead of CA? Thank you in advance! 
I thought IRS shall match the 1099 income using the payer's TIN and was not aware this was an optional field.  Thanks for educating me.  I learn something new every day.  Thank so much.
Hello: My client received 1099-DIV and I am trying to find the field to enter payer TIN but not sure if its hidden some place other then Screen 12.  Any guidance would be appreciated. Many thanks!
Ah! That makes sense now.  The links are helpful and have been bookmarked. Thank you so much.
Hello:  Wondering if anyone else is getting this error message for 1040-ES? "This form is not available for this version". It is also stopping me from efiling. Thanks in advance for your help! R... See more...
Hello:  Wondering if anyone else is getting this error message for 1040-ES? "This form is not available for this version". It is also stopping me from efiling. Thanks in advance for your help! Regards!
THANK YOU SIR !!! My interpretation was the same as your.
Understood.  Thank you so much.  One final question, does the taxpayer have to sign the safe harbor statement like before (2018)?
Thank you so much!  In case client has multiple properties to aggregate, how should I proceed? Thanks again very much!
Hello Community: There is an article on the ProCommunity that shows how to make a Safe Harbor election for real estate however when I go screen 18 of the software (Lacerte 2019), I am not seeing the... See more...
Hello Community: There is an article on the ProCommunity that shows how to make a Safe Harbor election for real estate however when I go screen 18 of the software (Lacerte 2019), I am not seeing the option to select "Claiming safe harbor on rental real estate per IRS Notice 2019-07." Can someone please help? Many thanks in advance. KoolDude
Thank you everyone for their respective inputs.  After a 2 hr 15 min hold with Lacerte customer service, we were able to (re)convert the data and migrate it this time to 2018 Lacerte software which w... See more...
Thank you everyone for their respective inputs.  After a 2 hr 15 min hold with Lacerte customer service, we were able to (re)convert the data and migrate it this time to 2018 Lacerte software which will now allow us to generate the 2019 organizers.  Although the wait was long, support was knowledgeable and made it worth the wait.  Thank you again to everyone and have a great season!
Ditto problem I faced but got resolved yesterday. Go to C: and see if the CONV folder still has the converted data file.  If yes, great!  The you can add the 2018 Drake converted data to 2018 Lacert... See more...
Ditto problem I faced but got resolved yesterday. Go to C: and see if the CONV folder still has the converted data file.  If yes, great!  The you can add the 2018 Drake converted data to 2018 Lacerte. If you don't have the converted data file in the CONV folder, then you will need to re-convert the data.  Not a problem and not too time consuming (I converted and reinstalled the data in 2018 and began generating organizers within 90 mins).   Call customer service at [phone number removed] , 6 am to 5 pm PST M-F, I was able to speak to an agent after a long hold -- 2 hrs 15 min -- which is very different than what we saw at Drake.  But once you are with an agent, they are far more knowledgeable than Drake (my experience thus far and hoping it will continue). Also, for me there was no extra fee as I have all the bells & whistles in my package.  They agent will tell you if there is a cost/fee for an additional conversion (I would be surprised if they charged extra as it would NOT be a good way to welcome us newbies). Good luck, don't sweat, just have patience when you are holding on the phone. 
Thank you for a prompt response.  I do have access to the 2018 Lacerte software and installed it but the data is in the 2019 software.  I have close to 400 clients, entering them manually in 2018 Lac... See more...
Thank you for a prompt response.  I do have access to the 2018 Lacerte software and installed it but the data is in the 2019 software.  I have close to 400 clients, entering them manually in 2018 Lacerte is possible but going to be very time consuming as I give an organizer to every client.  Are you suggesting I ask Intuit to help me with importing my 2018 tax clients to Lacerte 2018?
Hello: I am new to Lacerte and I am trying to generate the 2019 tax organizer based on the 2018 tax data.  2019 Lacerte says that I need to generate the 2019 organizer from the 2018 Lacerte software... See more...
Hello: I am new to Lacerte and I am trying to generate the 2019 tax organizer based on the 2018 tax data.  2019 Lacerte says that I need to generate the 2019 organizer from the 2018 Lacerte software. But I did not use Lacerte for 2018 taxes.  Please advise. Thanks in advance for your guidance.