PODW4444
Level 3

YES .....  THIS IS A PAIN IN YOU KNOW WHAT ......................................

JEREMY   LOVE YOUR Q AND OUR CONCERN W PTO ....

it is mostly hit and miss with this nj real estate tax being entered as fed itemized deduction ...........perfect at listing on sch a federal sch a .................................

then why 95 percent of time do we need to remember to separately go to state and local and enter the status of homeowner     and the force the property tax paid on the state of nj ............?????

A PAIN IN THE ...........................................................

The only time time the program carries the nj re tax to the nj return automatically is when 

the return is a multi state return and the fed entry lists the nj as source entry .....................full yr resident of NJ..............................

huh .............MAYBE WE should start our return as a multi state return .....................???????????????

today i am working that same type of return where the nj tax does not carry to the nj return automatically ..............

EMBARRASSING when we miss that deduction in 2021 and see it when we file the 2022 return ........

I HAVE a divorcing couple that it has happened to in that same scenario ....SURE tell the divorcing couple at odds over everything ..................yeah right .................!!!   

file an amendment and have to split a 350 dollar check .............???/      or ?????????????

i let the one spouse know ............wasn't worth the addl communication issues ............

PTO help us out ...........................

0 Cheers