JWM
Level 3

The fact that 1116 schedule B is unavailable for efile is a disaster. The posted workaround will not work - the form will not be possible to efile even if you upload a pdf. I just got off the line with a second Intuit tech support agent ... the only option now is to file the return on PAPER. You cannot attach a PDF file because the 1116 worksheet is still connected to the return and the flag cannot be turned off. Intuit cannot submit the return electronically. Intuit must address this YESTERDAY. Has management considered:

IRS is processing paper returns with a 4-8 month delay. Correspondence is being handled by IRS in wildly non-chronological order: a letter sent one month ago might be resolved earlier than one sent 6 months ago, resulting in unintelligible garbage from IRS. Filing on paper means refunds will be late by months. International returns are usually due around 3/31 also .... this delay - which Drake is NOT experiencing apparently - means that those foreign returns may very well have to be extended also. My 350+ clients are almost all abroad and almost all need the 1116 ... this means every one of them is going to shell out at least $150 in DHL fees to paper file one 1040 and another $150 to file a nonresident US state return.

Intuit has now outsourced all tech support, but has taken away their ability to easily elevate problems. The first agent I spoke to refused to even try! Best estimated response time from a supervisor (now, in the run up to the tax filing deadline): 24-48 hours? Are you kidding me!?

Our clients are going to be extremely angry, will hear from friends using other preparers with Drake et all there is no problem ... causing a loss of client trust and maybe even the relationship. INTUIT has grossly failed US, its clients, and all of OUR clients. It's like they sold us this shiny new SUV - but with no sparkplugs and now they do not want to hear about it. "No worries - we'll send them to you March 31."