TinaEA
Level 2

Thank you Terry !

But shouldn't ProSeries allow you to put in the actual K-1 numbers and then when you enter the basis information, automatically calculate the disallowed portion of the Line 1 Operating Income(Loss) and then do the carryforward ?

I see that form 6198 it is limiting the loss to the stockholders basis (Beg year basis = 0, had $58k contributions) so Part IV Deductible Loss line 21 shows an allowed $58k deductible loss

Why doesn't this carry over to the Sch K-1 Wks S Corporations Section A Passive Activity Adjustment to Income or loss ?  Column A shows the loss from the 2020 K-1, column B shows the prior year disallowed loss carryover, Column C is showing the full amount of the K-1 Line 1 Loss as ALLOWED and column D is showing the Loss Suspended for the Current Year (which is the same number as in column b for the prior year)

This spreadsheet should pull the allowed loss ($58k) for column c Allowed and then add the balance of 2020 loss that is disallowed to the prior year disallowed and that combined disallowed carryforward number s/b in column (d) Loss Suspended for Current Year

It is NOT......This Section A worksheet does not allow changes to the current year allowed or disallowed losses and does not pull the information from the Form 6198 ???

Is there some checkbox somewhere i have done or not done that makes the program do this ???

Thanks in advance !!!

I really want a paper trail for the allowed and disallowed losses, i do NOT want to have to do an override.

0 Cheers