DTNY07
Level 7

This is the 1st time I have come across this.  Tried searching the IRS website and either I am an idiot or am just confused  (or both).  Client moved back to Australia during 2018.  She is not a US Citizen.  she needs to file in the US as she exercised and then sold some RSU from her last US job  (she does still work for the same company, but in Australia).  She had told me about this in 2018, so I did file Form 8833 - Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure and Form 8854 Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement.   I will be filing them this year as well as she does still need it as the Annual Expatriation statement.  Whereas last year was the Initial year.

Normally, taxes are withheld and included on someone's W-2 for RSU.  The company did withhold taxes and send them in as estimated payments.  For the life of me, I can't think of where to report this income on Form 1040.  The stock sales, that I know I would report the normal way.  but the exercise of the RSU, as I said, it is normally included as part of the W-2.  No W-2 issued in this case

She wasn't in the US at all during 2019.  Moved back to Australia in October 2018.  Thanks in advance for any help

0 Cheers