qbteachmt
Level 15

First, a bit of business:

@rcooley25 Do you see that @Jamierac has asked for more info? That isn't emailed to you. That is in the public forum. I hope this helps you understand we are on the internet. Use your browser and go to this link:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-form-8915f/01/189962...

That is this topic.

"I still have not seen anything succinct regarding an 8815F"

I don't understand what more you expect for the info that this is all we know. It is as succinct as there is to know. I've posted all that info here in this topic or others on the forum.

"You say March 17th but specifically where for the 2021 taxes do you see an 8915F?"

The links are either here, or a copy of the info is here, in this topic. You also can see it if you search for your product's Forms, such as google:

ProSeries Forms

or

Lacerte Forms

and then go through the little selections to the Forms part and use Find = 8915 and there they are. Look at the contents of my reply, 01-24-2022 12:54 PM, to see the table contents that I copied from those program forms listings, directly from Intuit. Use the topic link I provided where I put on this forum the draft IRS link and the production IRS link, and monitor it yourself for when it gets released.

"Have you tried to transfer any client who took the 3 year spread on their 1099R's from last year? It doesn't happen. Its early in the tax season, granted"

It's too early to transfer and expect everything to work, when it clearly has a lot of stuff Not Final and everyone has been commenting on this.

"The 8915F supersedes all of these forms. Its called the forever 8915."

No; it replaces the -E and will be used from now on, starting with tax year 2021 for disasters from 2020 and forward. -D and -C and -B and even -A will still apply for those year-specific disasters. And -E only applies to 2020 year disasters and is only used for 2020 tax year filings, including amending 2020.

"Again not asking anyone for answers unless they have them, but rather pointing out a very important form/issue for this year."

Yes, you are asking. You keep asking the same people and expecting a different answer. When a different answer is out there, it will be known. Asking again and again doesn't change the answer, if there is no new info. And @IntuitGabi has been looking into it, but what is available to release is not necessarily what we would want released. Just because you don't like an answer, doesn't make it the wrong answer, or doesn't make it wrong for now. Things change.

Then come back and let us know. Because we all are watching.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers