Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 4797 Run time error 9 Subscript out of range. We sold a company and marked all assets as sold.

Amy_Green
Level 1

We sold a company, and all fixed assets were valued at book value. In the asset depreciation module of EasyAcct, I updated all assets(57 of them) that had a book value at date of sale with a sales price of the book value and marked the asset as sold. I have tried to run tax form 4797 for 2023 several times. It will display the first 2 pages on the screen but will not display the detail statement listing the 57 items. When I try to actually print it out, or save it as PDF I get a run-time error, after several minutes, and then the software shuts down. Any ideas on how I can get the rest of the detail to print?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
jmar116
Level 1

I am having the same issues with release version 2023.3.3. My colleagues are able to run 4797's in previous versions. 

Hopefully Intuit corrects this issue soon. This is holding up work for me.

0 Cheers
Amy_Green
Level 1

I am on the same version. Makes me feel better to know it isn't just me. I have been able to run it on a few other companies on this same version, but they only had a couple of items marked as sold, so they fit on the first page of the report. I think it is having a problem generating the supplement statement showing the detail since I marked so many items as sold for this company.

0 Cheers