The article explains what to do when, after uploading a scan to Tax Import, attempting the import fails with the following error:
How to resolve the error
Lacerte and ProSeries use Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and above for importing tax documents. If the Framework software is damaged or corrupted, it'll need to be repaired.
- Since this is a Windows component, the following solution isn't guaranteed.
- Windows may need to be repaired or a certified technician may need to resolve to problem.
- Close all applications.
- Follow the instructions in this article to download and run the Component Tool.
- Once the tool has completed, restart your machine.
- Attempt the import again.
- If it fails again, try removing Microsoft .NET 3.5 with the .NET Framework Repair Tool.
- If successfully removed, reinstall it from Microsoft's website.
Further troubleshooting options
A workaround to fix Microsoft .NET Framework is to disable it, then re-enable it. See Repairing or reinstalling the Microsoft .NET Framework for instructions.