ProConnect HelpIntuit HelpIntuit

Common questions about entering NY Form IT-112-R in ProConnect Tax

SOLVEDby IntuitUpdated July 10, 2023

Below are solutions to frequently asked questions about entering Form IT-112-R, New York State Resident Tax Credit in the Individual return:

Who should file Form IT-112-R?

Your client should file this form to claim a credit against their New York State tax if they resided in New York for all or part of the year, and they had income sourced to and taxed by:

  • Another state
  • A local government within another state
  • The District of Columbia

Refer to the Instructions for Form IT-112-R for more information.

The IT-112-R will automatically generate if taxes paid to another state are entered.

How do I generate the New York IT-112-R for a part-year resident?

Follow these steps to generate NY Form IT-112-R:

  1. Go to Input Return State & Local Other State Tax Credit NY Other State Tax Credit.
  2. Select a state from the list in the State abbreviation field.
    • This should be the other state that the taxpayer paid taxes to.
  3. Under the Income and Adjustments subsection, enter the following income information, if applicable:
    • These fields are all overrides since the software automatically calculates the credit for taxes paid to other states for full-year residents. For part-year residents, the income must be entered here.
    • Wages, salaries, tips, etc. [O]
    • Taxable interest income [O]
    • Dividend income [O]
    • State tax refund [O]
    • Alimony received [O]
    • Business income (or loss) [O]
    • Capital gain or (loss) [O]
    • Other gains or (losses) [O]
    • Taxable amount of IRA distributions [O]
    • Taxable pensions and annuities [O]
    • Rent, royalties, partnership, etc. [O]
    • Farm income or (loss) [O]
    • Unemployment compensation [O]
    • Taxable amount of social security [O]
    • Other income [O]
    • Adjustment to income [O]
    • Capital gain portion of lump sum distribution [O]
  4. Under the Computing the Credit subsection, enter the Tax paid to other state [O].
  5. Complete any other information for the other state.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
ProConnect Tax

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of Intuit Accountants users.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads