In prior years, the Louisiana composite return was a separate filing type, and used form R-6922. Now the composite return has been incorporated into the main form (IT-565). Page 9 of the form is now Schedule 6922, and pages 10-12 report any credits attributable to the composite return.
Lacerte will complete Schedule 6922 when at least one partner is marked as filing a composite return.
Check the box for PTP With Composite Election at the bottom of Screen 1, Client Information if applicable. The program will include all partners on the composite return automatically.
To generate Schedule 6922:
- Go to Screen 7, Partner Information.
- Scroll down to the Louisiana Information section.
- Check the box for Composite Filer?
- Repeat these steps for each partner who participates in the composite filing.
- Go to Screen 43, Louisiana Nonresident Agreement to generate the agreement for any individual nonresident partners who choose to file their own return in lieu of composite filing.
If at least one Louisiana nonresident is included on the composite return, and credits are used against composite tax, then Lacerte will include all nonresident partners on the composite return.
Form IT-565, Schedules A and B
Lacerte creates a Schedule A worksheet for each partner not participating in the composite filing.
Each partner participating in the composite return will generate a Schedule B worksheet, instead.
Revenue account required for e-file
We can’t e-file returns without a Louisiana revenue account number. If your client doesn’t have one yet, they should go to the LaTAP website to register and receive a revenue account number.